USA & Germany
Approx. 5000 employees; acquirer 100k+ employees
B2B enterprise, telco/mobile operators
Communication as a Service (CaaS), Interconnect A2P/P2P SMS, MMS, IPX and mobile banking
30% direct sales; 70% channel sales
Private equity, then NYSE-listed
This business was stuck selling a commodity service to enterprise clients. It struggled to differentiate itself, resulting in margin erosion and a significant slump in growth. The goal was to revitalise its underperforming sales organisation, drive revenue growth and attract increased M&A interest.
Innovate to differentiate, then focus on top-line revenue growth. To deliver this, we:
- Transformed the commercial strategy away from content and media providers toward a lucrative focus on enterprise, including finance and banking;
- Built growth through acquisition and development of new technologies and services; including System and Method for Intelligent Routeback (patented), which initiated new business growth from a saturated customer base;
- Delivered change management initiatives and innovations to improve gross margin and efficiencies;
- Developed a reseller model to support net-new business through partners and peering agreements;
- Built a GTM strategy and operating plan for a globalised telco business unit to deliver $1bn by 2020 (18% CAGR 5yr period).
- Grew annual recurring revenue (ARR) from $40m to $350m
- Improvement to net margin: 6-10% per annum
- Underwent 3 M&As (within four years)